Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday's Savvy Reviews: Charlie St. Cloud

This was one of those movies that I kind of knew I would love as soon as I saw the trailer for it. First of all: Zefron. Gotta love him. Actually, I've always been kind of a sceptic when it comes to his looks. Every girl in the world seems to think he's so hot; I thought he was just ehh until I saw this movie. Now he is smoookin hawt.

SPOILER ALERT!

I thought this movie would be sort of predictable, because I didn't know it was about ghosts. But it was a nice touch; I like the mix of the paranormal and romance and mystery. It was a good balance, and I loved Charlie's character, along with Sam's as well. It was nice seeing Zac do something a bit more serious. Personally, I think he should stick with the serious stuff. He's getting older and maturing. The teeny-bopper stuff is getting old for him (I'm glad HSM is over, ahem).

At times throughout, I felt it was a bit cheesy, but not over-the-top. The twists surprised me, and I felt myself being shocked throughout the movie. This is sort of a short review, I know, but I really liked it. I may even be going to see it again tomorrow. Zac is shirtless for quite awhile in it, so really, girls? How can you not resist?


1 comment:

  1. I didn't even hear about this movie until I read this! I'm starting to like Zac Efron a lot more now. I think the reason I hated him at first is because of High School Musical.
    I'd love to see this movie sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete