Sunday, August 29, 2010

This is awful, just awful. And pumpkins.

Is awful... awful or aweful? I think its awful.

What a weird looking weird.

Anyways, back on subject. I just realized how little I've been posting lately. I've been kind of busy (I'm not gonna say really busy because that would be a lie) so I haven't had much time and my attention has somewhat drifted from blogging. University is starting soon for me so I've been sort of wrapped up in getting ready for that.

I'm actually not nervous about it at all. I mean, I probably will be once I get there, but for now, I'm fine. I'm more nervous about the tattoo I'm getting this Thursday... ohmygosh. My parents know, obviously, and I'm 18 so they have no say in it, but I'm still kind of upset. My dad's fine with it, but my mom thought that I wasn't getting it so when I reminded her of it she got all mad. Like, shut up, really? At least my tattoo means something. I'm getting a pumpkin on my back just between my shoulder blades. Everyone gives me a weird look when I tell them I'm getting a pumpkin.

The reason I'm getting a pumpkin is because of my papa. He died when I was 5 so I don't remember him much, but we were really, really close and my family didn't have any issues before he died. After he passed, all Hell broke loose in my family, so I want to remember him. He used to call me his 'little punkin' and yes I know I misspelled it but thats how he said it. So thats why I'm getting a pumpkin.

My mom seems to think that tattoos are labels. If you have one, you're a badass. She keeps saying I'm gonna have short hair when I'm like 50 (which I will not, I hate short hair on me) and she keeps saying I'll have to cover it. Sure, they're bad for professionalism if they're showing, but I'm gonna make sure its not showing all the time.

PLUS: Times have changed. Tattoos are not a big deal anymore. Sure, its bad if you get a bunch of meaningless ones. Even some tattoos that have meaning are still kind of lame. But this one is not lame. Its good, and I will not be ashamed of it when I'm older. Its disrespectful to the memory of my papa.

Love you Papa. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment